Before we go further in detail of Search Engine Optimization, I would like to show you 5 most important things that you must avoid for better seo. I found many webmasters doing this mistake again and again to get fast and easy traffic, but always keep in mind that “SEO is slow and steady process”.
5 Things you must avoid to save your site from search engine penalty are.
- Duplicate or Automated content.
- Purchased traffic to your site.
- Spam email campaign.
- Automated comments on blogs.
- Any trick to fool search engine.
1. Duplicate or Automated content. Internet is a sea of information and search engines always try to find fresh and new content. If you are feeding your site with the content copied from other site or article directory, it may happen that your site is bypassed by search engine and flagged as similar or duplicate content. Quality and originality of your site’s content is much more important for search engine that quantity of content of number of pages of your site. So always avoid doing so.
2. Purchased Web Traffic. Many sites are selling web traffic online, where you can purchase traffic by paying them, and they will send thousands of visitors to your site per day. Most of this kind of traffic are generated by pop up ads and visitors are not actually interested in visiting your site. Search engines are getting smarter each day. They know how traffic come to your site and it’s quality. They also know the original and spam source of traffic. So It is highly recommended not to purchase any kind of web traffic. Try to be ethical in promoting your site or blog by genuine marketing tactics.
3. Spam Email Campaign. Well, email campaign is not a bad thing it self. But if you are sending emails to those who are not supposed to receive, it may be harm full. If your emails are being detected as spam mail in receivers mail box, it’s possible that your domain name also gate flagged as spam in major search engines like google, yahoo. You can use email campaign to promote your online business but genuinely, dont purchase email list to send mass email, instead attract visitors to subscribe your newsletter.
4. Spam comments on Blogs. We know that blogging technology is getting more and more popularity each day and blogs are always high ranking in search engines. Putting comments on such blogs with backlink to your site may help you to get real visitors from the genuine traffic of that blog. Many online site offers you service of automated comments on blog, they also sell software for that which can find similar blog on internet and put dummy comment there with your backlink. This is very dangerous thing if you are serious about your online business. It is ok if you manually surf blogs and put genuine comments, but I recommend not to purchase any kind of automated comments.
5. Any trick to fool search engines. If you are new to SEO and online business, you may have gone through some ebooks regarding SEO. You probably know that importance of backlinks, meta keywords, meta discription, keyword density, title, image alt tag and many more. Well dont worry if you don’t know what all these about, they all have their own importance in SEO and search engine are smart enough to calculate it their self. So never never try to fool search engine by using too much keywords, false description or any other tricks. Search engine will really hate you if you are going to do so.
If you know more things about “what to avoid for seo” or “what not to do”, you are welcome to comment here. We appreciate your feedback and comments.