Hey friends, today I am gonna share some very useful and important information related to SEO. The concept that I am gonna describe is Inbound Links, which when taken proper care of helps immensely in the SEO and gaining higher search engine ranking.
Inbound links are also known as Back Links, which in the simpler terms can be described as links from the other websites to our website or web page. It is critical part of search engine optimization and also a bonus of visitors from other site to our site. Inbound links helps in a way that :
- all of the search engine robots follow the links between the site. More the number of inbound links more will the frequency of the search engine robots to visit the site, and the result would be higher search engine ranking.
- Also many of the search engines counts links as “Votes”. More the number of links more will be the votes and higher would be the page rank. Page rank is Google’s system of counting links.
Thus getting more the inbound links sh
ould be one of the top priority work to be done when thinking to optimize the site. More the number of inbound links higher will be the ranking in search engines.
The easiest and the cheapest way to acquire inbound links is to create quality and unique web-pages that the other site owners would love to link to you
. These are called natural links. The benefits to it are :
- no need to put extra efforts to acquire it. (expect creating unique content at first phase)
- those links will be free and there would be no need to exchange links.
- The links would be diverse with different anchor text.
- The referring pages would be based on similar theme as yours.
Ways in which you can acquire inbound links :
1) Create a link page on the website, where you can place links to all the sites that link to you. Make sure to provide clear instructions on how to link to you, including the exact HTML code you want your link partners to use.
2) List your website in directories.
3) Try to contact the website based on similar theme as yours and ask for reciprocal link.
4) Can use the URL of the site as a signature when participating in forums, newsgroups and blogs. Just take care that it is not overdone. Genuinely participate in the discussion and not just for the sake of displaying your signature.
Benefits of Inbound links :
1) Link popularity is the crucial factor in considering the page rank. More the inbound links, higher will be the link popularity and higher would be the page rank.
2) Inbound links helps to drive traffic from other websites to your website.
3) One of the reason for other visitors to visit your website through inbound links in the interest in the offering you have. Thus whether they purchase it or not, but it helps to create product awareness.
4) Only targeted traffic comes to your site through inbound links, as the links would be to the site similarly themed, thus it will also help to increase the revenue as some of them are bound to become your customers.
5) Writing genuine articles and publishing in the directories will post you as the expert of you field. Thus will help you gain one-way links to your site which will help to drive traffic more to your site.
6) One you have several pages with unique content the other sites will be interested to link to you to provide good content to the visitors and thus it will finally help you to increase the page rank of you site.