This is the second part of my last article on “Tips for Creating SEO Friendly Website”. Let us go with other tips on building seo friendly site…
To make smaller size web pages, here are some tips that you can follow.
- Avoid using heavy content like large and too many images flash content in your website pages.
- If you really need to use them, optimize the size of the image and flash objects for faster downloading to visitor’s web browser.
- As search engine bots are blind to content like images and flash or java objects, you have to use different methods to tell search engine about what your images and flash content is all about by using alt tag or title tag within the image tag.
- Try to avoid using other coding like css and java script within the html page. Instead use separate .css or .js file to include your code and then link those files in your html page.
- Try avoiding repeated use of images for your designing need. Use them as css coding in separated .css files so that only visitor’s web browser call them and execute separately and it makes smaller html web page for web crawlers.
Keyword Optimization: You must optimize your whole web page based on keywords. In short, you have to do some keyword research online using your own experience or using any 3rd party keyword analysis tool to find one main and few other keywords that highly describe your content. Use these keywords in your page content, Meta tags, title tags and alt tags of images. Using keywords in your url of page will also benefits you in better seo. Keyword helps search bot to identify the niche, importance of your content and it’s relativity to the search phrase used by search engine users to find information they want.
URL Structure and Page Navigation: This is most important for visitors and search engine robots also. Site must be properly organized and well structured so that your visitor and search bot can easily reach your each and every page without hassle. Any of your webpage must not be dipper than two levels. See below example for better understanding.
a. www. Your site.com/yourpage.html
b. www. Your site.com/category/yourpage.html
c. www. Yoursite.com /category/subcategory/yourpage.html
First two link are good while the third one is just ok and links must not be deeper than the third one. Organize your pages well by using keywords and categories to differentiate your pages on similarity base. (see category in above example). Each page must not be away more than two clicks from home page as a standard, however if you site is content based and have thousands of pages, you may neglect this tips but proper navigation using archives like month, year, categories are highly recommended so that your visitor can surf around your older content easily.
I hope this article will give you basic guidelines on creating SEO friendly website. If you want to use cms like wordpress or joomls, there are numerous plugins and extensions to help you create your site seo friendly to rank ahead your competitors.