Hi all, here we come again with a fresh new information most relevant with the SEO purpose. I am sure it will surely gonna help the webmasters with the SEO. I am listing below all the features related to architecture and content of website that can have an effect on SEO, their importance in SEO and to what extent they would be affecting the SEO. The list goes as below:
Architecture of the site:
- HTML Structure – Though frankly speaking that there is no evidence that the SEs have any effect on the ranking of the site looking at the HTML code. It is seen that SEs even love the site with totally screwed up HTML code. But some webmasters are of the opinion that SEs prefer site with proper, clean HTML code and CSS. The code must be proper as the instructions laid by W3C. Still more research needs to be done to find the exact answer to it.
- Header Tags – They are generally used to define the page structure. They rank from H1 to H6. Though such tags are found useful by the SEs to define the theme of the page, but over use of header tags affects the ranking and Google can even stop listing the site. So use proper and relevant header tags, as according to the theme of the page. Thus the search engines will find easy to navigate such page and helps in increasing the ranking of the page.
- URL path – URL surely have a positive effect on SEO. Search engines like short and relevant URL as per the page theme. So be specific in writing a new URL for the contents that you post on your site. Select the URL as per the content or keywords of the page, and I am sure you can surely get benefit from doing this tiny act. J
- Use of external CSS/JS file – This factor does play a role in the SEO. Using lot CSS or JS may increase the load on the server, and thus it might not be able to load the site in proper request time. Also search engine won’t be able to spider the large site. This is the case of inline CSS/JS. So don’t make heavy use of CSS/JS and if you need keep it external so that the site is able to perform well in the search engines.
- Keyword Density – For search engines content is king. It always looks for original and quality content with relevant keywords. Actually keyword density does not affect the SEO. It is due to the reason that people were unnecessarily stuffing their content with keywords to gain higher ranking, which made Google to change its algorithm. Though it is advisable to keep the keyword density upto 3-7% of the total content on the webpage. It creates a good impression in the search engines and thus they can help to rank higher.
- Keywords in Title Tag – This plays an important role in SEO. Having keywords in the title tag helps the search engine to identify what the page is all about and then helps in better indexing them. So make proper use of keywords in the title tag and take the benefit of the search engines.
- Keywords in Meta Description – This does not play a more important role in SEO. If you want you can include, and even if you don’t include it hardly makes any difference in the search engine ranking.
- Keywords in Header Tag – It is advisable to use keywords in the header tag. It helps the search engine to know what the page is about. But we must also take care that we don’t stuff the header tags with the keywords. Else it would be considered as spam by search engines.
- Keywords in body text – It is more important to have keywords in the content. But we must take care that we don’t stuff the content with the unnecessary use of keywords. A density of 3-5% is advisable to maintain in the content to gain the friendship with the search engine.
- Freshness of Content – It is the most important of all the factors that have an effect on SEO. Search engines are always hungry for fresh content. If you satisfy their hunger they help you to rank higher. So always use fresh, original and informative content on your site. If you just take care to fulfill this factor, you can definitely rank higher without even touching the other factors.
Incoming search terms:
Hi all, here we come again with a fresh new information most relevant with the SEO purpose. I am sure it will surely gonna help the webmasters with the SEO. I am listing below all the Factors related to the domain of the site that can have an effect on SEO, their importance in SEO and to what extent they would be affecting the SEO. The list goes as below:
- Age of Domain – This is basically the duration since the domain is registered. Though this factor does not affect the SEO that strongly, but is one of the factors that can help improve the performance of a site a bit. The older the domain more will be its creditability with the search engine, as they consider it original site and not a spam site that lasts just for few months. So it is advisable to register a domain just as u get an idea to start website, then if you post the content later on it would be fine.
- History of Domain – It includes complete Whois history of domain. This factor hardly affects the SEO ranking. Though many people complain that changing the DNS, cause a fall in the ranking of the site. But it’s only temporary and you will again gain the search engine friendliness that you have lost.
- Keywords in Domain Name – This is a self explanatory factor. Still I will explain it using a simple example. Suppose you want to start a mobile and mobile accessories website and you choose a name computerworld.com, then whenever anyone search for computer your site will be listed but it would be irrelevant. So if you choose a proper domain name that includes your keywords, then your site will be listed for most relevant search and you will get your targeted traffic and thus help in improving search engine ranking.
- Sub-domain and Root Domain – sub-domains are mostly used to make the site clear and to maintain a proper flow. Sub-domains are mostly created to post content on the domain that is different from the main domain. Eg. maps.google.com , news.google.com etc. Thus it makes the site easy to browse and the search engines can easily make out from the domain itself what is the content on that page. And indexing by the search engines in more structured and thus helps in better SEO.
- TLD – It is short form for Top Level Domain, and it is generally the suffix attached to the domain names. Eg. For www.arizona.com the COM is the TLD. It can be generic, country specific or business specific. It generally gives slight information about the site. But it hardly has any effect on SEO. So no need to worry about if you have COM, CO.IN, INFO or any other TLD. J
- IP address of the Domain – running a domain on the same IP for long time does increase the creditability of the site. Else if you transfer the IP it still does not make any large impact on the SEO ranking of the site. So don’t fear much for this factor.
- Location of IP address /Server – This factor also hardly has any impact on SEO. Whether your server be at any place search engines track the site through the IP. If the location is changed keeping the same IP then you don’t lose any search engine ranking at all.
Incoming search terms:
domain factors seo,domain factors,seo domain factor,seo related domain list,seo new domain name factors,seo domainbetter with -,SEO domain suffix,seo domain name factors,related domains effecting seo,page name suffix affect seo
As we have discussed before there are many ways to optimize the site for search engines. But not all are legitimate and legal. There are various black-hat techniques that the web-masters use to get higher ranking in search engines. And Google penalizes such techniques severely. Initially you may be benefited from such techniques and get good ranking, but once Google comes to know about it, they have full authority to drop you page rank and even ban your site. So let us have a look at what are the shortcuts or black hat techniques for which Google can penalize your site.
- Keyword Stuffing – In this technique the content on the page is unnecessarily stuffed with the keywords. As per the standards the keyword density on the page must be around 3-7% of the total content on the webpage. If the density increases then it makes no logic to the content. Even the readers don’t find it much relevant. Many web-masters use this technique to drag the attention of the SE by showing that their content is rich in keywords. This is like over optimizing your content for the selected keywords. But the SE soon recognize the fraud and can drop the page rank of the site and can even ban the site. So be careful in the density of the keywords used in the content. Still if the density is more then you can use the synonyms of the keywords.
- Hidden Text – In this technique the web-masters include a keyword rich content in the HTML code. Such content is invisible to the human readers and it is used just to fool the SEs that the content is rich in keywords. The human readers see different content and the SE see’s a different one. But this is a black hat technique and search engine can penalize you for your wrong doing.
- Doorway Pages – Before this technique was not called black hat. But then people started making the use of it in wrong way. They create such pages just as to spam the index of the search engine. When user clicks on any of the search engine results that are generated from the phrases inserted in the search box, the user get directed to a different page. They are also called jump pages, gateway pages etc. web-masters create content and keyword rich doorway page just as to get higher listing in the search engines. But then when the users click on it they are sent to different page. So this is wrong technique to get higher listing and Google can penalize you for it.
- Duplicate Content – Original, unique and informative content is the only key to get higher ranking in the search engines. It is rightly said “Content is King” in SEO. And the search engines are always hungry and looking for fresh content. But when you use the duplicate or copied content the search engines ignore you. Even if the search engines don’t come to know about it, your competitors will surely know and they can report it. So stay away from such malicious techniques and be genuine in your efforts. Duplicate content means inviting the search engines to penalize you.
- Link Spam’s –Baclinks are best source to get quality and targeted traffic. Also more the number of backlinks more will the creditability of the site in eyes of search engines. One backlink is considered as one vote, more the number of votes more the ranking. But now web-masters have started using the fraud means to get backlinks. Getting links from a link farm or a blacklisted site is considered as fraud. Also buying of backlinks is also wrong mean to get backlinks. The search engines will immediately come to know about it as there is sudden increase in the links to the site over-night. Also if the number of incoming links to the site out numbers the number of outgoing links from the site, the search engines will definitely question it. So one must not include in the fraudulent affair of buying and selling links. And once they identify your fraud they can penalize you severely by dropping your page rank or even banning your site.
- Cloaking – This is strictly a black hat technique in which the search engine spiders and the human visitors see different versions of the same page. This technique is based on IP address of user. If the user is identified as a search engine spider, then they are presented the version of the webpage that is not visible to the human visitors. So that using that webpage they get higher ranking in the search engines, which otherwise they won’t be getting. Thus this is used to fool the search engine, but no one can survive such long using this technique and once their fraud is identified the Google will severely penalize it.
- Comment Spamming – This technique is generally used to get a backlink to the site. In this the user comments on blogs, forums, discussion board etc. where they are allowed to post a link to their site also. They just post creepy comments links “nice post”, “good site”, “I don’t agree” and then place a link to their site to gain a vote from them. Thus this is also a black hat SEO technique and your site can be penalized by Google if you are using such trick to gain backlink.
- Manual Penalties – It is very difficult to judge for which technique Google will penalize you and to what extent. Manual penalties generally refer to off-site over optimization. You need to read the web masters forum of Google, to find you if you are using any unethical technique that you must not. If you are using, you are sure to get penalized by Google.
- Sandbox Effect – The existence of this is still a question to many. But some of them have experienced this. In this the Google temporarily drops the page rank of the new domains. The page rank is decided on the basis of inbound links to the site. Many web-masters then send links to new site, from the other sites that they own. So in order to overcome this Google places the new site in the so called “Sandbox” for the period of few months and then ranks it in the search engines. Still research is going on if this really exists or not.
Thus there may be many more that we can add up in the list. But the rest I leave to the readers to add it in the form of comments to the site. All their valuable words are most welcome. So enjoy blogging.
Also always remember to be genuine in your efforts. Though initially it will take some time to rank higher in the search engines, but it will be more fruitful in the long run and you can enjoy reaping its fruit for longer duration.
“Be ethical and reach higher”, that’s the only mantra to gain success on the virtual world.
Incoming search terms:
dropped in ranking or even panelized,se over optimization,how to panelize a website for seo,google penalize comment spam,google penalise comments density page,google panelize ranking,google panelize,google discussion for panelized website,google and backlinks,why google panelize a site